I am a pretty simple person. I don't like strong scents in my home unless they are natural like those you get from flowers or baking. I usually light a battery operated lantern for atmosphere lighting because I am not really fond of having open flames in the house. If I do burn candles they are usually unscented.
This past Christmas my nieces bought me this large jar
Yankee candle. The scent is called Snowflake Cookie. It's a pretty pink color, which my nieces know is one of my favorite colors. The problem is that the candle has a very strong scent that is super sweet. I can't stand to burn it for more than an hour or so before I start to feel sick from the scent. Of course I told them that I loved the gift because I didn't want to hurt their feelings. When they came to see me after the holidays they asked about the candle, which hadn't been burned very much. The whole thing was still in the jar. I told them that I am always working so I hadn't been able to enjoy it. My older niece suggested we burn it, so I did. After about an hour I had to suggest we put it out so I didn't use it all up. I didn't have the heart to tell them it was giving me a headache.
Needless to say I do not like this Snowflake Cookie scented candle from Yankee Candle. It smells nothing like a cookie. I have had some candles from there that I do like but this isn't one of them. I gave the candle three stars because Yankee is a good candle company. I am sure many people would enjoy the overly sweet scent but I cannot tolerate something that makes me feel sick. I have placed the candle outdoors and burned it several times just to make it look like it is being used so my nieces think I love it when they return. I do recommend it to my friends because many of them like sweet scented candles. It's just a personal preference for me because I don't really care for burning them in the house and super sweet scents make me feel sick.